Saturday, August 3, 2013

Unconditional Love

The first thing I think I learned as a new mom was unconditional love.  There was  something indescribable when they put that baby in my hands and left me for the night with him.  I examined him, hugged him, kissed him, and snuggled him; I breathed in all his baby smells and knew no matter what, I would love him.  I know, as his mother, I will always maintain that love , even in times I might not like what he is doing... I will always love him. 
Becoming a mother and more understanding unconditional love, has helped me understand God's love for me. Unconditional,  willing to go the distance,  and fiercely gentle.  I understand why God watches me, "hugs" me, and breathes me in as much as possible.  Why He wants to give me riches in heaven and why he wants to spend eternity with me.  Unconditional love.  God might not always like what I am doing, but He will always love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment