Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Who was that in the mirror?

So I have been blessed with a high metabolism all my life.  Which means I have been about the same size since high school.  Sometime a little more fit, but always the same general size.  I typically have always weighed between 105 and 110.  Now that I am pregnant I weigh a little more :) which I feel no negative feelings towards at all;  it is just a big shock when I walk past the mirror and have to do a double take.  
It has taken some getting used to... especially with only 3 weeks to go!!! I seriously feel like I stuffed a balloon or soccer ball under my shirt.
I am weighing in around 130 lbs. And my dr says that is a good gain for me.  I know they were worried at my previous hospital (we changed because our labor and delivery area closed down) due to my gestational diabetes that I might gain a lot, but I have managed it with my diet.  (I need to do a blog about my gestational diabetes experience).  Going from where I was to where I am now does make me pause in front of the mirror, it catches my attention every time.   I just pause and think...

Who is that in the mirror? 

That is a soon to be (kinda already am) new momma!  Full of joy thinking of her anticipated blessing.  A new momma anxious to meet her baby SMoore!  A daughter of God ready to experience a new kind of love; ready to experience a miracle. Who is that in my mirror?  A beautiful reminder of God's plan, His timing, and His hand in it all.

I praise Him for it all and look forward to meeting this little one He has designed and He knows very well... even in my womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment