Monday, December 10, 2012

Cravings


Food… sometimes I love you and sometimes I hate you.

If you are a pear, apple, or peach I could each 100 of you.
If you are a Popsicle I have eaten 100 of you {in fact I am eating one right now}.
I go through a salad phase about once every 2 weeks and on the rare occasion I really want a chocolate chip cookie.  My biggest unfulfilled craving is for a chili and cheese hot dog.  While I had horrible morning sickness, I would only be able to eat baked potatoes, potato salad {mom’s}, and tator tots.

My mom’s potato salad was my most consistent craving & I made quite a few batches. 
It consists of potatoes, hard boiled eggs, mayo, and mustard.  That is it… easy enough.

Onions are my enemy… and garlic… these two things repulsed me and still do.
Those are really the only things that nauseated me.

Nothing really strange yet. 

The weirdest thing is that before I was pregnant I was lactose intolerant, but now I crave glasses of milk and can drink them without consequences.  I guess pregnancy is my cure to my lactose intolerance.  And thank you Lord, because a big glass of milk is so yummy.

I am so grateful that my cravings are not bizarre… I have heard stories of people craving dirt, chalk, or clay.  So for bland is my friend; the plainer the food the better.

I love the smell of coffee, especially Starbucks coffee; good thing Daddy SMoore works at Starbucks and comes home smelling like it often.  I don’t want to drink coffee.  I don’t like it and don’t think I ever will; but the smell is so nice to me.

I am curious to see what happens now that my appetite is swiftly returning.

1 comment:

  1. When I was pregnant I craved watermelon, Oreos and milk ALL.THE.TIME, lol!

    great blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete