Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What a secret to keep…


Jonathan and I kept our little SMoore a secret for almost 3 months!!!  I know… we should be in the CIA.  The only people that knew were the doctors, nurses, pregnancy care center ladies, and my boss {because I am a fitness trainer and it is a liability}.

I wanted to announce it to family and a few close friends before social media took over.  I didn’t want to choose who I told first either… so we planned to mail out our announcement with a little packaged s’more kit {2 mini graham crackers, a small chocolate bar, and a marshmallow}.   
This was our announcement stapled to the top of the s'more kit.  I also put an ultrasound picture on the back.

This way everyone got the same announcement, mailed the same day, and it was up to the USPS to decide who got theirs first.  I had tracking on everyone’s so I would know when they were to arrive.  I decided that when Jonathan’s family in California got theirs I would give my mom hers {in her church mailbox}.  My dad happened to be going out of town randomly that week, so I figured I would have to call him when everyone else found out.

My sister, brother-in-law, and niece were the first to get theirs.  {They only live 3 hours away}  She sent me the cutest picture of my niece ‘eating’ her cousin’s {baby SMoore} picture.  The next day more family members received theirs and there was a fantastic sigh of relief.  No more secret! 

We decided to go out to eat with my grandparents to tell them; partially because I wanted to see their reaction and partially because I didn’t know if they would understand the announcement or why we had mailed it to them.  We ate dinner at a local hot spot and before dessert we gave them their ‘gift’.  I told them it was a late Grandparents’ day present and my granddad opened it.  He said, “Oh… a s’more…” and handed it to my grandma.  She actually read it and then said, “thanks” and sat it down.  Daddy SMoore and I laughed and said look at the back {which was where the ultrasound picture was}… it took a few minutes and then they got excited!

Each person reacted joyfully and called us to tell us how excited they were.  Over all it was a great way for us to announce our bundle of Baby SMoore!  Finally when everyone knew… we announced it on social media with a few pictures:


Teal is my favorite color and a big part of our neutral baby theme.


 



We LOVE Disney!
 

Again, everyone seemed joyful and happy for us.  Knowing that God was in control and that this was truly blessing of His timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment