Monday, December 3, 2012

Star of the day


Ultrasound day!!! Ultrasound day!!! 
It was the day for my first ultrasound! And again I had no idea what to expect.
I had seen the Hollywood version of the ultrasound on television, 
but it is so different when it is YOUR stomach they are placing that 'wand' on. 
A few days before this day I had my appointment and they were not able to hear the heartbeat so I was a little anxious to see my tiny Baby SMoore.  
I was ushered into the ultrasound room at my doctor's office.
It was barely lit & there was the typical ultrasound machine next to the 'bed'.
The nurse said "Wow you are tiny; this should be simple.  Go ahead and lay down."
She got out the lovely and always chilly jelly for my stomach and there it was…
my baby…
right there on the screen
The nurse did her usual measurements and checks to ensure all was well.
I was measuring correctly & my little Baby SMoore was already moving around.
 Daddy SMoore was at his 2nd day of a new job & wasn't able to by there; 
so I recorded the heartbeat for him to hear later.
The entire process was fast, but so moving. 
It totally becomes so real when you actually SEE your child.  I will admit that I didn’t cry… until I got to my car and listened to the heartbeat again. 
I am grateful for the technology today that allowed me to have this experience.
Here are some photos from my little star of the day:




*now my hubby did miss the first ultrasound, but my second one at the Pregnancy Care Center was coming up in a week or so and he actually had the day off*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment